WELCOME TO A NEW WORLD



WELCOME TO A NEW WORLD It was a bright morning as I woke up from my sleep, I slept fine though, I heard a knock on my door and the house help said sir “your break fast is ready” it was quite unusual but I had to compose myself, “okay I will be there in a minute” I replied.
After a short prayer I went to the dine table and before me was a hot Japanese tea, a Scotch egg and cassava slice bread, I took a cup of the tea and some egg, I finish my breakfast and immediately my news paper was ready announce the house help, I glanced through the headlines it was all good news, foreign investors lining up to invest in the country, no arm robbery, no bombing as usual, I ask my self could this be true? I took a hot shower as the weather was cold, I decided to go to town my car was getting out of fuel I went inside a filling station to fill up my tank there was no queue as usual and the fuel pump hardly read up to a thousand naira for my filled tank I gave the attendant some money and I told her to keep the change, oh my God!
I cant believe it the street were clean, the street light were constantly on, what happen to NEPA? I ask my self, the whole town was peaceful the new modern transportation system were very effective, it thought it was a dream but my mind can no longer comprehend this. I drove to a near by shopping mall, I park my car and went inside I saw an inscription “WELCOME TO A NEW WORLD” indeed it is a new world I told my self, but the fear of were am I now came in I saw a young mail dispatcher and ask him, Sir please which city is this?
He said, welcome to a new world, Off course I know I replied, please which state am I? He said, welcome to a new world, I said sir, which country is this? A new world, He said I was irritated and frenzy, I said sir, which party is the ruling party? A new world, He said, This time I was tempted to hold him and kicked him, I said who the hell impeach JONAH….. Immediately some body tapped me and said guy wake up wetin dey happen I woke up in my face me I face you one room apartment, I said were is my car and my friend said you are dreaming, I was sweating seriously because NEPA took the light and I now realise that the country never Exist. Behold it was just a dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the invention of paper changed the world

Goldman hikes yuan exchange rate forecasts, cites U.S. trade ties